CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
Mat Kearney Contest
Prize: Pair of Tickets
These Terms and Conditions (the “Rules”) create a legally binding agreement between You “You” and Civic Theatre, only if You decide to enter in the contest contemplated herein (each of You and Civic Theatre are a “Party,” and collectively, the “Parties”).
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. [TICKETS PURCHASED DO NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING]
- Eligibility: The Mat Kearney Contest (the “Contest“) is open only to those who comment and tag a friend on the relevant Civic Theatre Instagram Post during the Contest Period (as defined below) in accordance with this Agreement. The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and its territories who are at least 18 years of age or older during the Contest Period. You must be physically situated in the United States or its territories at the time of entry. Employees of Civic Theatre, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin on October 13, 2022 and will continue until 12PM on Thursday, November 3, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). All times are Eastern Daylight Time (US & Canada). All entries must be posted within the Contest Period. The winner will be contacted on Thursday, November 3, 2022, and if You are the winner, You must redeem Your Prize (as defined below) by 12PM on Friday, November 4, 2022, or You will forfeit the Prize and another winner will be selected at random.
- How to Enter. Simply comment and tag a friend for your chance of winning. There can be more than one entry per person.
- Assent to Rules.
- Upon entering the contest to participate in the Contest, You shall become an “entrant” or “contestant.” By participating in the Contest, You represent to Civic Theatre that You have read, understand, and expressly agree to be bound by these Rules, and the terms, conditions, and notices contained or referenced herein. If You do not consent to the Agreement, You should not participate in the Contest.
- By participating in the Contest, You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Civic Theatre as final and binding as it relates to the Contest. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the Rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Civic Theatre If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules Your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Civic Theatre.
- Civic Theatre reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. However, Your entry will be governed by these Rules as they existed on the date You entered the Contest, subject to any notifications Civic Theatre may send You after Your entry was received.
- Prizes. The prize (the “Prize”) awarded to the winner of the Contest includes two tickets to Mat Kearney on Thursday, November 10, 2022, at a value of $59. The actual/appraised value of the Prize may differ at the time the Prize is awarded. The specifics of the Prize offered shall be solely determined by Civic Theatre, and Civic Theatre reserves the right to replace or change the Prize at any time at Civic Theatre’s sole discretion. You are not guaranteed to win a Prize, and Your chance of winning is dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. No cash or Prize substitution is permitted except at Civic Theatre’s sole discretion. If You accept a Prize, You must sign an affidavit of eligibility and release prior to receiving it. You may not substitute a Prize for its cash equivalent. Prize(s) are non-transferable.
- License. You grant Civic Theatre, and anyone acting on behalf of Civic Theatre and its respective licensees, successors and assigns, without any further notice to You, a limited, perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, non-transferable, non-royalty generating, worldwide license to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, reproduce, and display, or otherwise use Your name, image, and likeness, and entry, in any media now known or hereafter devised, for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification.
- Winners of the Contest will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of Civic Theatre from the entries received during the Contest Period. Only one (1) winner will win a Prize in this Contest. If You are the winner, You must claim Your Prize within 24 hours of receiving notice of same from Civic Theatre
- Winners will be notified via Instagram at the end of the Contest Period. You acknowledge and agree that the Civic Theatre shall have no liability for Your failure to receive notices that You are the winner of the Contest due to (i) such notice being routed to or lost in Your spam or junk e-mail folders, (ii) other notification and Instagram tag security settings, or (iii) the contact information You have provided Civic Theatre is incorrect or otherwise non-functioning.
- If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 24 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed affidavit and release as required, the Prize may be forfeited (at the sole discretion of Civic Theatre) and an alternate winner selected.
- Your receipt of the Prize as the winner of the Contest is conditioned upon Your compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL RESULT IN YOUR IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES YOU MAY HAVE OTHERWISE BEEN ENTITLED TO AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REVOKED AND TERMINATED, IN CIVIC THEATRES’S SOLE DISCRETION.
- Terms. Civic Theatre reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Civic Theatre may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the corrective action taken by Civic Theatre to remove such interference or corruption. Civic Theatre reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, or the operation of the Contest, or Civic Theatre’s website, or violates these Contest Rules.
- Integrity of The Contest. Civic Theatre shall maintain the integrity of the Contest, which includes, but is not limited to, voiding entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros or scripts, or other technical means for entering the Contest and affecting the results. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any Civic Theatre website or platform, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Civic Theatre reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability. BY SUBMITTING YOUR MATERIALS TO CIVIC THEATRE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND CONSENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THESE RULES. You agree to (a) release and hold harmless Civic Theatre, its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies, prize contributors, judges, sponsors, and any other organizations responsible for administering, advertising or promoting Your submission of material, and every one of their respective members, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”), past and present, from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, relating to an entrant’s submission of materials or acceptance or use or misuse of Prize, in either or all cases; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties in the event that there are printing, production, or errors that cause an incorrect number of winners to be announced or Prizes to be awarded; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest or entrant’s use or misuse of any prizes awarded hereunder, in either or all cases. Civic Theatre’s employees and their immediate families are ineligible to submit materials. Any such submission will be immediately disqualified. SUBMISSION OF MATERIAL IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED or restricted by any federal, state, or local law. IN NO EVENT SHALL CIVIC THEATRE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, EVEN IF CIVIC THEATRE WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, NOR SHALL CIVIC THEATRE BE HELD LIABLE FOR DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING FROM CAUSES BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL.
- Disputes. THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT RESPECT TO ITS CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, You consent to jurisdiction in the State of New York, and agree that any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the County of New York, State of New York, which shall be the exclusive venue for all disputes hereunder. You expressly waive all claims that such venue is an inconvenient forum.
- Winners List. For the name(s) of the winner, please contact at email@example.com and in the subject heading, please type ‘Please e-mail me the winner’ list for the Mat Kearney Contest.
- Contest Sponsor. The sponsor of the Contest is BK MADE LLC dba Brooklyn Made Presents with a business address of 119 8th St, Suite #3, Brooklyn, NY 11215 (the “Sponsor”).
- No Sponsorship or Endorsement of Other Parties. This Contest is only sponsored by the entity(ies) listed above in Section 15. In no way is it sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any other entity or party. You understand that You are providing Your information to the Sponsor of this Contest and not to any other entity or party.
- Warranties. Civic Theatre hereby expressly disclaims any liability as a result of transmission, communication, or other technical errors, subject to Civic Theatre’s willful misconduct. All warranties not expressly enumerated herein are disclaimed.
- Termination. You may cancel or terminate Your participation in the Contest at any time by sending notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, Civic Theatre shall have no obligation to return to You any of Your submissions (if applicable).
- Non-Discrimination. Civic Theatre will not discriminate against You for exercising any of Your rights under the law.
- Affirmation. You hereby affirm that You have not paid an entry fee to participate in the Contest.
- Miscellaneous. If any provision of these Rules shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. The provisions of this Agreement, which, by their nature should survive the termination of these Rules, shall survive such termination or cancellation hereof. No waiver of any provision of these Rules by Civic Theatre shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such provision or any other provision, and Civic Theatre’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.